CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Obsession of the moment

I am on-the-edge-of-my-seat excited for The September Issue, a documentary following Vogue editor Anna Wintour and her staff as they put together the September 2007 issue, which is generally lauded as "The Bible" of fashion. Why am I so fascinated and excited for this film to come to St. Louis? Well, I am minorly in awe of Anna Wintour and how she runs her magazine. As a person, she fascinates me ... probably because she's never really let that many people know much about her. She's famous for being a total ice queen and from the preview, she sort of lives up to that reputation. But seriously -- if you had to sit through interviews where people asked you straight to your face if you were a bitch, you'd probably be a tad icy too.

I have a lot of respect for her as a professional woman. She demands a lot of attention and respect in her career which -- let's be honest -- is what we all want. And, even though she has about a million critics and probably has about a million ideas about what defines beauty that are completely opposite my own, you have to credit her for being able to handle it all with complete and total poise.

But what I'm really hoping to get out of this movie is a one-time-chance to see her crack the Botox and smile or laugh a little. Or, on second thought, it might be more fun to see her make someone cry.

0 comments: