CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Rock Star Life

On Saturday night, I spent a lovely evening with the Takedown at the Pageant. The show was pretty spectacular and I hope the boys consider pressing a live album of it (in addition to the acoustic one I'm still waiting for ... pretty please!?!). Highlight of the show? It's a toss up between Ben crooning "Be my little baby" when The TD launched into a cover of Eddie Money's "Take Me Home Tonight" in the middle of "Killer" or when some guy told me that he'd rather lick a dog's bum than listen to any the bands on the bill that weren't the Takedown. It was both a very proud and very awkward moment.

I have to say, though...the other bands there had a really YOUNG fanbase...mostly female, high school mallrats. For a while, I felt really old...until I slipped backstage and sipped my icy cold beer. Then all was right again. Haha, little ones...you may still have your whole life ahead of you, but at least I'm old enough to drink legally! Beat that!







0 comments: